You land at the Athens International Airport, you take your luggage, you are ready to discover the beautiful city of Athens, but how do you get there? For those who are looking for a way to get to the center this article shows 3 affordable means of transport.
Bus express (X95)
- Price: A one way ticket (6 euro) is required for transportation by bus. There is also a reduced price of 3 euros for special categories and children up to 6 travel free. You can purchase tickets at a kiosk located outside the arrival Gate 4.
- Bus station/ departure: The bus departs near the arrival gate 4.
- Frequency of itineraries: Depends on the time of day, it ranges about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Average time to Syntagma Square: Depends on traffic, estimated at 45 minutes.
TIP: During the route you can see important buildings of Athens, such as the Ministry of National Defence, the American Embassy and the Αthens Concert Hall (Megaro Mousikis).
Metro (Blue Line)
- Price: A one way ticket (10 euros) is required for transportation by Metro. There is also a discount fare, reduced price of 5 euros for special categories. You can get them from automatic machines or cashiers at the entrance of the metro station.
- Metro station: The metro station is opposite the arrival Gate 2.
- Frequency of Itineraries: The metro trains run from 6:30 until 23:30 and the itineraries startes from the metro station at 00 ΄ and 30 ΄.
- Average time to Syntagma Square: estimated at 38 minutes.
- Price: The value of the route is €38 during the day (05:00 – 24:00) and €50 at night (24:00 – 05:00). Price includes airport charge, taximeter, luggage, tolls, VAT.
- Taxi stands: You will find a queue between the arrival Gates 2 and 3.
- Frequency of itineraries: 24/7
- Average time to Syntagma Square: Depends on traffic, estimated in 20 minutes.
TIP: The fixed fare applies only to the routes from the airport to the center, so it is advisable to ask the driver to start the taximeter to know the charge in case you change destination.
For those of yoy who would like to book taxi services we recommend one of the best, most trustworthy and convenient 5-star airport taxi companies for your airport transfer based on user reviews across various platforms such as Google, Tripadvisor and Trustpilot. Welcome Pickups offers a great experience and safety to its travellers.
Now you are ready to explore Athens, the capital of Greece and to meet 9+1 Athenian districts??
Have fun and do not forget
“to travel is to live”
*photo credit to yeucyrpus.org.com