Do you know what is the best way to move easily, quickly and reliably in Athens? Choose your route in very simple steps through your mobile phone and enjoy your ride safely and relaxed? The answer is… Uber! Have you heard of Uber? Well of course you have!!! Uber is a huge community maintaining more than 600 cities worldwide, with millions of drivers and passengers who follow the community guidelines together, high quality of transportation services giving you the chance to evaluate its services yourselfUber is here to ease your life!!!
Uber’s goal is to make our city better!
Your rides in the city of Athens, whether it’s for a simple commuting to and from your workplace or even for a long ride through the city’s touristic attractions, are easy and simple through the Uber app (ios & android) whick you can download for free on your mobile so that you can use it at any time and place!
How does it work?
The main feature of the Uber app is to get you in touch with a nearby driver to take you to your destination. Just follow the steps below:
- Download and get the free Uber app from the App Store or Google Play on your smartphone. Open the app to create your account.
- Request type your destination and select a route. The price will always appear in advance.
- Route details: you will see the driver’s photo and vehicle details, while at the same time you can track his arrival on the map.
More detailed steps:
Step 1 A passenger opens the application: The passenger enters their destination in the box “Where do you go?” at the top of the screen. It touches the route option to see the waiting time, the size of the car and the price. Then confirm the pickup location and press request.
Step 2 A passenger is assigned with a driver: a nearby driver sees and accepts the passenger’s route request. The passenger is automatically informed when the driver’s vehicle is about one minute away.
Step 3 The driver receives the passenger: The driver and the passenger verify their names and destination. The wizard then starts the path.
Step 4 The driver transfers the passenger to the destination: The application gives the driver access to detailed instructions so that the driver can concentrate on the destination and the passenger can enjoy a comfortable ride.
Step 5 The driver and the passenger give a rating and reviews: At the end of each route, drivers and passengers can rate each other with 1 to 5 stars. Passengers can also compliment the driver. In cities where tipping is available, they can still add a small extra amount to express their gratitude.
Why use Uber?
- For safe, easy, fast and economic routes.
- You know the estimated payment in advance.
- Card payment. No worries about carrying money or looking for change.
- To comfortably enjoy my route on demand at any time and day.
- To track my itinerary history.
- To share both my itineraries with other passengers and epimerizw the cost (we hope that this service will soon return to Greece).
- To choose the driver and evaluate the Uber services after every trip.
- To stop multiple times.
Why do we distinguish Uber?
- For Uber’s vision to improve our cities and help evolution, opportunities and diversity (more people – fewer vehicles – happier cities)!
- Because Uber operates everywhere in the world, in more than 600 cities keeping its services simple and easy!
- Because Uber develops close links with the local communities (co exists perfectly with public transport)!
Uber and Jump Bikes
Now, you can find and rent an electric bike using your Uber app. Select Bike, and enjoy the ride. Move through traffic faster, easily ride up hills, and reach your destination without breaking a sweat. We tried them in San Francisco and we loved them! We hope to see them soon in Europe and why not in Greece! What do you say? Read about our experience with Jump bikes in San Francisco in our blog post! Jump bikes are pedal-assist electric bikes, so the harder you pedal the faster you’ll go. An integrated GPS and lock helps you can find a bike near you, and go for a ride.
Go further, get there faster, and have more fun.