Tanzania is a really huge country so anyone decides to visit Tanzania must built the travel itinerary carefully! Each itinerary can be fulfilled in a variety of ways and days depending on your interests or on the reason of someone’s visit! For example, on a two weeks travel itinerary in Tanzania, you can choose to go on a safari game drive at national parks, hike Kilimanjaro and the areas around, start from the south and reach north or do it the other way, combine Tanzania with another neighbouring country, visit Zanzibar and extend yout trip or last but not least participate in a voluntary program!
Today we are presenting 2 a two-week itineraries to choose from, for your trip to Tanzania
2 Week travel itinerary in Tanzania No 1
- Starting at Dar El Salam (International Airport)
- A day at Dar El Salam
- Bus (e.g. with Dar express bus) to the north
- Stop for a two-day staying and hiking in Lushoto
- Three to four days on safari at the national parks
- A day in Arusha transfer with Dala dala to Moshi
- One to two days in Moshi
- Flight to Zanzibar City (e.g. with Air Tanzania)
- Five days volunteer project in project in the region
- Two days relaxing and touring the island
2 Week travel itinerary in Tanzania No 2
- Starting at Kilimanjaro (International Airport)
- Five days volunteer project in the region
- Two days on safari at national parks
- A one day Stay in Arusha
- Transportation by Dala dala to Moshi
- One day stay in Moshi
- Bus to the south (e.g. Dar express bus)
- Stop included accommodation in Lushoto (one or two days)
- Bus to Dar El Salam
- Accommodation in Dar El Salam
- Ferry to Zanzibar
- Relaxation and island tour
2 Week travel itinerary in Tanzania No 3
If you are a hiking enthusiast and you aim to climb Kilimanjaro you should be prepared for the below two things, first one is to spare time to complete the route (7 days) and money (indicatively $5,000). So if you re planning to dedicate the first week at the area you must have Kilimanjaro Airport as your starting point and for the second week you can choose to go with the above itineraries more or less.
What was our itinerary?
We started from Dar El Salam we flew to Arusha from where we explored the city of Arusha and we tried a safari game drive at the national parks of Serengeti, Arusha, Tarangire, Ngorongoro and the villages of Masai, then we headed to Moshi overlooking Kilimanjaro africa’s tallest mountain, we explored and hiked in the area around Kilimanjaro, Materuni and Marangu waterfalls, we flew to Zanzibar where we explored the island and the village of Jambiani where we developed some contacts with the village primary school that lists nearly 900 children. We enjoyed the sun at Paje beach and came home with lots of thoughts about new projects!
What is certain is that we are talking about a huge country with unparalleled beauty and natural wealth! Read more about our safari game drive experience and everything you need to know to participate in a voluntary program or just help by all means you could possibly do so and create the ideal travel itinerary for you!