SNFCC or Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is the new “must visit” place in Athens! Amazing project overall, great architecture, plenty of green spots to relax and more many things to do.
A new gem in the city of Athens (on the edge of Faliro Bay) opened its doors in 2016 in order to promote education and culture. SNFCC includes new facilities for the National Library of Greece, the Greek National Opera and the 210,000 m² Stavros Niarchos Park.
What to do?
The SNFCC Visitors Center offers to the public the opportunity to see the worksite up close and learn about the technical details of the construction and the project, as well as the SNFCC’s mission. Visitors can enjoy a variety of events of all kinds on a daily basis:
- You can rent a bike and do cycling around the park, details can be found here.
- Free guided tours take place inside the state-of-the-art building complex set to house the new premises for the National Library of Greece, the Greek National Opera as well as the interior and exterior public space surrounding the buildings.
- You can participate in one of the plenty of events that take place there.
Definitely a place to be regardless if you visit it by yourself or with the whole family and friends! Not to miss, preferably during sunset or early in the morning
How to get to Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center?
- Free transport is available for the visitors by shuttle bus. A mini bus bearing the SNFCC logo, starts from Syntagma square (at the conjunction with Ermou str.), with a stop-over at the Syggrou Fix metro station (on Syggrou str.) and arrives at the South side of the SNFCC Canal. You can find the timetable for the shuttle bus here.
- By car using this link as location.
SNFCC is a place that you must visit when you are visiting Athens. We are sure that you are going to enjoy it!!!We are for waiting your feedback!!!