Are you going to be in Greece during the August full moon?? You are very lucky because you will have the oportunity to visit for free archaeological sites that will remain open to the public on the evening of Sunday 26 August.
This year, in the “Full moon 2018” institution will participate 132 archaeological sites and museums, in which doors will be open for the public until late at night. In 95 of these places will be held cultural events such as music, dance, theatre, exhibitions, film screenings and many more.
In Athens some of the most famous sites will be open like:
- the Acropolis museum that will be open from 8 a.m. to midnight with free entry to the exhibition galleries from 8 p.m. onwards. The restaurant of the second floor and the ground floor café will be open during the same hours. In the Museum’s entrance courtyard will take place a comcert with free entry.
- the Archaeological Site of Sounion will be open to the public until 24.00.
- the Athens Numismatic Museum – Garden Jazz music event “La Luna”, will start at 21.00.
- the National Archaeological Museum open until 11:45pm with free entry from 8pm.
- and the Archaeological Site of Kerameikos, grounds open until 11:45PM.
In the rest of the country events will take place to the Palamidi Fortress in Nafplion, the Ancient Acropolis of Rhodes, the Archaeological Museum of Mykonos, and the Castle of Kalamata.
The institution has been conducted by the Ministry of Culture and Sports for the last 16 years and has been a great success, bringing together the public interest.
It is recalled that the entrance to all areas is free for the public.
In detail the program of events will be found here.
* photo by http://www.tovima.gr/en/article/?aid=526345.