If you are reading this post, its probably because you are planning a trip to Iceland or you are looking for some Icelandic inspo! Both are perfect and we are more that delighted to have you here with us taking you on a 7 day Ring Road trip itinerary in Iceland! Before or during reading below it would be greta of you could take a look at all our posts about Iceland where you will find useful tips and info such us renting a car, driving in Iceland, Blue Lagoon, chasing the Aurora borealis etc.
Important Information before you plan a trip to Iceland
- In order to avoid struggling with day hours we recommend traveling summer months
- If travelling from October till March it would be probably in order to see the northern lights, just dont be disappointed if that wont happen
- Travelling during Autumn time is perfect for avoiding mass tourist groups as well
- For your transfers in case of a roadtrip you ll definetely have to rent a car, read some useful tips here
- Keep your budget as low as possible by sharing expenses with friends
- The same applies to accommodation, generally it is common to share accommodation
- Keep some ammount of budget for activities (eg Blue lagoon €85 person, Diamond Beach Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon €70 man, Secret Lagoon hot spring (€25 person), Skaftafel hike to Glacier (€60 person 3 hours hike) etc.)
7 Day Ring Road trip itinerary in Iceland
How much does it cost for a roadtrip in Iceland?
As with all trips, a trip in Iceland can be combined with some low budget options, for example Icelandic food options can make your trip less expensive! But what happens with all the rest expenses? Here is our budget analysis on a 2 persons basis.
2 persons on a 7 day roadtrip 1.772 euro :
- 400 euro airtickets
- 365 euro accommodation
- 5 euro tolls
- 220 euro car rental (440 euro for a group of 4)
- 122 euro fueling 2.500 kilometers (244 for a group of 4)
- 218 euro food coffee beer
- 427 euro activities experiences
- 15 euro souvenirs
There are always options that can afford us lower budget as long as you are flexible and easy going travellers! Share your transfers, your accommodation, your food etc and you ll see the difference!
Hope you found it interesting reading our personal experience of roadtripping in Iceland, please feel free to visit all posts related to this trip and we ll be more than happy to here any comments or feedback from you! Happy travels to all!