What do you know about Indonesia? Do you know where it is located? What language do Balinese people speak? What do they produce? We suppose theres much you dont know aboutIndonesia and gues what? We are here to help you find out more interesting facts about this great country!
- Firstly Bali is not a country!
- Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world!
- Bali is Hindu!
- Indonesia is the largest island country in the world!
- Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world!
- Indonesia consists of about 18,000 islands (one of which is Bali)!
- The five largest islands are Java, Sumatra, Kalimantan (part of Borneo belonging to Indonesia), New Guinea (part of it belongs to Papua New Guinea) and Sulawesi (formerly known as Kelevi).
- The capital of Jakarta, located on the island of Java, is the largest city in the country!
- On the islands of Commodo, Rinca, Flores, Gilli Motang and Gillian Dassami, the Dragon of Commond, a carnivorous lizard larger thna 3 meters long!
- Indonesia extends east to Papua New Guinea!
- Indonesia has passed three and a half centuries under Dutch colonialism!
- Each island has its own language, not dialect, language!
- Indonesia’s climate is tropical with two seasons: the wet season of the monsoons (November-March) and the dry season (June-October).
- Indonesia has 35 active volcanoes!
- Kopi luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world. The main factor of the high price is the unusual method of producing such coffee. It has been produced from coffee beans that have been digested by a particular cat-like Indonesian animal.
- It is ideal for Island hopping!
These were some interesting facts about Indonesia! We hope you enjoyed the above and found them educational! It is good prior your travel to learn some things about the country you are visiting to make it easier to reach out to its inhabitants! And of course we must always respect the particularities and the traditions of each country!